Welcome to Hurricane Facts online resource. This website serves as an educational resource on Hurricanes, which is a violent type of storm called tropical cyclone. Hurricane is a violent natural occurrence on earth and it is a very powerful force.
We provide the most accurate facts on hurricanes.
We are happy to provide well research information on hurricanes for the general public and at the same time provide the knowledge people would need during a real hurricane emergency.
The information on this website is subject to change at any given time due to more discoveries and advance research from dedicated meteorologists. Please bookmark our website so that you can easily check back to see if any changes has been made to the hurricane facts on our website pages.
Hurricane Facts are useful to everyone, including students, teachers and meteorologists. Here you will find all you need to know about hurricanes.
This website is divided into sections and categories to help you navigate easily and find exactly what you need in seconds. We have made a thorough research, but suggestions and corrections are welcome. Kindly get in touch with us via our contact page.
Are you a student, teacher, meteorologist or a hurricane enthusiast? Start hurricane facts research below
Hurricane Facts and Information
- Hurricane Meaning, Causes and Effects – Understanding what hurricane is, what causes it and its effects
- General Hurricane Facts – Basic facts and information on hurricanes worldwide
- How Do Hurricanes Form?
- Hurricane Facts For Kids – hurricane facts and information breakdown for kids to understand them better
- Hurricane Categories – Find the different types and categories of hurricanes
- Hurricane Myths – Some interesting myths and misconceptions related to hurricanes.
- Hurricane Vs Tornadoes – What is the difference between hurricanes and tornadoes? Find out in this section
- Hurricane Safety Facts – hurricane safety facts, tips and information that are helpful
- Tornado Season in Arkansas: How Strong is the Storm?
- Hurricane Seasons – Find when hurricanes are more likely to occur.
- Hurricane Katrina : a quick look at some real hurricane Katrina facts and areas affected.
- Hurricane Irma
- Hurricane Harvey
- Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Quadrants
- The Biggest Hurricanes in History – Let’s take a look at how big hurricanes have been over the years.
According to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), “Hurricanes are large, swirling storms. They produce winds of 119 kilometers per hour (74 mph) or higher. That’s faster than a cheetah, the fastest animal on land. Winds from a hurricane can damage buildings and trees”.
There is a lot more you can learn from this website.